Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Sewing Table



I finally got my new desk (aka sewing table), which had been backordered since my birthday, when it was ordered. I freaking love it, a lot. I was sewing on our kitchen table, which I hated and so did Skywalker. I hated sewing on a round table, he hated me always having stuff all over our kitchen table. So we made space in our apartment for me to have a little sewing corner, and my machine gets to sit out pretty on the desk all day long (guess I need a cover for it now, huh?). Originally i was going to get baskets for the cubbyholes, but I like the way my fabric stash looks all piled on the shelf, plus it will force me to keep the piles of fabric neat and organized, since they are always on display.

Now all I need is to talk Skywalker into letting me purchase the matching chair.

5 comments:

  1. Lucky girl, you! Congrats! It will change your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooooooove the desk! I think it will make a big difference for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the table, it's such a life changing sewing experience. You will love it. I have decided I need a bigger space to store my fabric where I can see it all the time so I know what I have. Love the table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily and Leslie, it has already changed my life. I can sit down and sew for like an hour without having to pack everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SOOO jealous!! I want mine now......

    ReplyDelete