Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Embroidered Blocks



These two and the giraffe from yesterday are my three favorite blocks. I only did six, so basically there were 3 I loved and 3 I feel ho hum about. The quilt as a whole I love, and will post a good picture of it after its been handed of to its new mom. Guess I better label it before next week.

The inspiration for all the embroidered squares came from some fabric I love and from my head. I traced some of the animals (giraffe) and just sketched the others. All the trees in the squares are my own invention and the birds in all the squares mostly came from my head too

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! Your blocks are really gorgeous : ) Glad you shared your blog link on flickr...I look forward to visiting your pretty blog again soon!
    Angela
    http://amuse4me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete