Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wedding Quilt

Based on the simplicity of this quilt, it's shocking that it took me over a year to make. Well I drew out my design complete with measurements, and something had gone way wrong with my math and the quilt was about 30% smaller then what I wanted it to be (which was throw size). Anyway I got stuck for about 8 months trying to figure out how to enlarge it and still make it seem like the same quilt, which I finally did. And then of course I had some hold up with the hand sewing of the binding. Anyway now it is done and I even put my label into my quilting, hopefully you can see that in the picture I posted of it.

My dear friend L got married in Mexico last May and my aim was to have it done by the end of a year, I had it finished by the beginning of July, so a year and two months. She forgives me, she knows the baby got in the way.

I really love how it turned out and I my try another quilt like this, because I really like the layout a lot.

This post was written more then a month ago, but was waiting to publish because the quilt hadn't been received yet, well it was FINALLY mailed today, and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment